Avianca is a Columbian airline established in the year 1919. It is said to be one of the oldest airlines in the western hemisphere. It is well recognized, and the company has received many awards for its outstanding performance.
The baggage policy of Avianca airlines:
The baggage policy of Avianca airlines is based on the cabin class and destination of your travel.
Cabin baggage allowance:
• All passengers can carry one personal item and one cabin baggage of 22 pounds.
• The baggage dimensions must not be more than 21.5 x 13.8 x 9.8 inches.
Checked baggage allowance:
The checked-in baggage allowance of Avianca airlines is very strict. The baggage dimensions should not exceed 158 centimetres (62 inches).
• Economy: 1 bag of 50 pounds
• Business-class: 2 bags of 70 pounds
Passengers travelling with an infant can carry one extra baggage not weighing more than 22 pounds.
Any extra, oversized, or overweighed baggage is chargeable.
• The airlines provide their best services to all the passengers and welcome you with pre-packed individual meals and beverages.
• The passengers are not bored because it features in-flight entertainment on flights whose duration is more than 3 hours.
• Blankets are also made available for night flights so that all the passengers can travel comfortably.
• Special amenity kits are provided for people travelling in business class.
How do you check in at Avianca airlines?
Checking in with Avianca airlines is very simple. They have provided the following options to all the passengers:
• Web check-in
• Check-in through Avianca app
• Check-in at airport desks
• Check-in at kiosks
For checking in at the airport desk:
• International travellers to reach 3 hours before the departure and domestic travellers to reach 2 hours before the departure.
• Keep all your identification documents handy.
• To avoid any type of delay, make sure that the baggage is free from any items that are not allowed.
• Collect your boarding pass.
For checking in using the Avianca app:
• Install the Avianca app on your smartphone.
• Enter the basic details required, such as your ticket number.
• You will get the boarding pass on your mobile.
For checking in at the kiosk:
• Identify yourself at the airport’s check-in kiosks.
• Enter all your flight details.
• Assign yourself the seat in your comfort.
• Collect your boarding pass within a few seconds and proceed toward the screening process.
How to book a flight with Avianca airlines?
• Open the official website of the airline at avianca.com.
• Filter out the number of flights by entering travel details.
• Choose the most convenient flight and fill in all the passenger details.
• Make the payment using the suitable mode.
• Once the payment is confirmed, the airlines will send you all the details in your registered email.